Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm a mommy?!

So big surprise 2 posts in one day I can't believe I'm staying up doing this when Ava's actually sleeping but today is the one year anniversery of when we found out about Ava. So although this story is kind of crazy it is true and I will just bluntly tell it exactly how it happened.
Adam and I were on our way to see his brothers in Charleston for a little weekend trip and I hadn't been feeling that great. I wasn't throwing up quite yet(although that was only 2 days later) but I just felt weird and bloated and fat. I hadn't even thought about being pregnant because we definitely weren't trying it just wasn't a good time and because of the precations we were taking didn't even think it was a possibility. So while we were driving I just mentioned how I kinda felt like crap and maybe we could stop halfway and find a michaels for some  yarn in columbia while I walked around and got a  breather. Adam had asked me what do you think it is? Jokingly I said something like "maybe I'm pregnant" then laughed. Adam did not think that was so funny. Getting all serious he was like, " why would you think that" ,etc. So I'm just telling him to forget about it I was just joking but I actually started to think about my symptoms and started to sweat a little. So we decided if we saw a walmart when we stopped for Michaels that we would stop and get a pregnancy test just so adam would stop bugging me and asking me questions. I was still positive Adam was just overeacting and I was just getting a little nervous because he was scaring me lol.
     So we stop at the walmart and Adam insists on getting the 3 pack. So we are walking out and he stops at the bathroom and says why don't you just take it now. I was like are you kidding me I'm not taking a pregnancy test in a walmart bathroom. And he said well if you are just doing it to shut me up that you aren't then why don't you. So I figured he was right. So I went in and took the test(you know what happens) and because I had taken tests before I didn't read the directions or anything. The last test I took was supposed to be this ( + I ) if you were pregnant and this( I I ) if you weren't. So when my test pops up with 2 lines ( I I ) i was like see I knew I wasn't (thinking that there wasn't a plus so I was fine) So I THROW THE TEST AWAY. As I'm putting the other two tests in the bag(didn't need them but I figured Adam would want me to take another one later just to be sure) I just had this weird feeling that maybe I should just check the instructions again. So I pull out the paper and I saw that there was only supposed to be one line if the test was negative and two  if it was positive. Wow. I stared at that paper for a good 30 sec in silence just taking it all in. Holy crap was probably my first thought. I'm pregnant. I  thought I was going to faint but somehow I made it through washing my hands (I think I washed my hands for like 5 minutes because I was in so much shock) Looking back, I think the women that came and went were staring at me but I wasn't noticing them at the time.
      So I took a deep breath and opened the bathroom door. Adam turned around and looked at me and I think I kindof gave him a crooked smile and said you're not going to believe this. His face went white and he kindof half weird smiled and faked laugh at me too. So we walked out in silence and just kept saying holy crap and oh lord,etc...So we get in the car and just sit there staring for a good 5 minutes. Then I kinda got mad-I couldn't believe I just found out I was pregnant when I didn't even think there was a chance in the freaking walmart bathroom. Then I am very sorry to say we went to the gas station in silence and Adam got us each a cigarette. We sat there and smoked in silence(I wasn't a smoker and didn't smoke when I was pregnant or anything I don't know what made us do it, I think it was like pinching yourself) So we got back on the highway and continued driving in silence for awhile until we started to get kindof slaphappy because of the shock I think and just started laughing and saying I can't believe it. Adam of course called Josh first and hearing him tell him it kindof sunk in. I remember looking down at my belly and all of a sudden feeling such a rush of excitement and after all the shock and complete surprise, all I could think is, I'm a mommy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment